News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 Microsoft Store Popup DCU.Centennial

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 Microsoft Store Popup DCU.Centennial

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by

RJT 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I have a new Windows 10 machine at work.
      The machine is a brand new Dell Latitude 7490 with Windows 10 installed.
      About twice a day I get a popup asking me to go to the Microsoft Store and find the application that will open the file “DCU.Centennial”.

The pop-up says “You will need a new app to open this DCU.Centennial” and suggest going to the Microsoft Store to find the app.

Unfortunately, I cannot get a screenshot of the popup because as soon as I click anywhere on the desktop, the pop-up goes away.

Would this have anything to do with the Dell Command Update process?

The tech team at work says they have seen this on other machines.
      Does anyone know what this is and why it is happening and what should be done about it?

• #330084 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Also posted at https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/Windows-10-Microsoft-Store-Popup-DCU-Centennial/m-p/7246971

Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Sucker More intrepid Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker "Saluted blockhead" (Group ASAP)

• #333064 Reply

akaharry
      AskWoody Lounger

The same thing is happening to me ;-(

DCU.centennial.message

Anyone?

TIA

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • #333071 Reply

jabeattyauditor
      AskWoody Lounger

Grab the latest version of DCU here – it has a release date of November 19, 2018, but says it was last updated in February, 2019. Might be worth a shot…

2 users thanked author for this post.
      RJT,
      b
    • #338487 Reply

RJT
      AskWoody Plus

Thanks to @jabeattyauditor for the link. I downloaded and installed the latest version of DCU a day ago and so far I have not seen the popup. Since I didn’t necessarily see it every day, I can’t say for sure that the problem is solved, but I will keep you posted.

RJT

1 user thanked author for this post.
      b
    • #338598 Reply

anonymous

I downloaded it and installed it last week, but I am still getting the pop ups 🙁

• #339030 Reply

RJT
      AskWoody Plus

SAD NEWS, installed the update and still got the popup today.

Any other suggestions?

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 Microsoft Store Popup DCU.Centennial

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.