News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 – Unknown app named 'program' in Startup

Posted on dmt_3904 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Windows 10 – Unknown app named 'program' in Startup

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dmt_3904 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

dmt_3904
      AskWoody Plus

I noticed today when I checked startup apps an app named “Program”.  It does not have any details in “Properties”.  I searched online and seems it could be leftover from an app that did not cleanup totally.  I don’t know how long it’s been there. I disabled it.  Outside of a suggestion to go into the Registry to delete things! :0  I didn’t see any  good suggestions on what to do.   Any ideas or suggestions on how to find out what it is/get rid of it?  I am running ESET Node & MBAM Premium – no viruses found. thanks.

• #1984064 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Right-click the column headers in the Startup tab of Task Manager and then click to check “Command line” to display the path to its executable.

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1909

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #1984100 Reply

dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

oh cool! I didn’t know you could do that!  Simple, easy! It’s onenote. i can delete that – don’t use it, but I had opened it in error couple days ago.  thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        b

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 – Unknown app named 'program' in Startup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.