News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 – Unknown app named 'program' in Startup

Posted on dmt_3904 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Windows 10 – Unknown app named 'program' in Startup

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

I noticed today when I checked startup apps an app named “Program”.  It does not have any details in “Properties”.  I searched online and seems it could be leftover from an app that did not cleanup totally.  I don’t know how long it’s been there. I disabled it.  Outside of a suggestion to go into the Registry to delete things! :0  I didn’t see any  good suggestions on what to do.   Any ideas or suggestions on how to find out what it is/get rid of it?  I am running ESET Node & MBAM Premium – no viruses found. thanks.

• #1984064 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

Right-click the column headers in the Startup tab of Task Manager and then click to check “Command line” to display the path to its executable.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #1984100 Reply
          dmt_3904
          AskWoody Plus

oh cool! I didn’t know you could do that!  Simple, easy! It’s onenote. i can delete that – don’t use it, but I had opened it in error couple days ago.  thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
          b
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 – Unknown app named 'program' in Startup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.