News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Windows 10 upgrade causes images to not show in Office 365 docs

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function MS Word and word processing help Windows 10 upgrade causes images to not show in Office 365 docs

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        WStnesler
        AskWoody Plus

I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Outside of a couple of driver issues, the upgrade went well.  However, when I view word documents in Word 365 the imbedded images don’t show.  Only the place where the image would be located.  This happens with existing files and if I try to create a new Word Document.

Has anybody had this problem before and what do you recommend outside of uninstalling and reinstalling Office 365?

Thanks!

Tom Nesle

cyberSAR
        AskWoody Plus

I haven’t seen that with any of our upgrades. By chance did you switch to an MS account or stay with a local account during the upgrade? Before uninstalling you may want to try the short and/or online repair of Office.

WStnesler
          AskWoody Plus

I am not familiar with the online repair option.  Is that in some menu or do you need to go to the MS website to run it?  I made no changes to the account when I upgraded to Win10.

Tom

cyberSAR
        AskWoody Plus
        WStnesler
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks for the info.  I did not change my account when I upgraded.  The repair option didn’t work so I am going to try the uninstall/reinstall method.  Unless you have any other suggestions…:-)

cyberSAR
          AskWoody Plus

Can’t really think of anything else. Was thinking it might be a paths issue if the user folder changed. Only other thing is maybe go through the settings and see if something is off. Good luck!

cyberSAR
          AskWoody Plus

You might try creating another user and see if it works properly on that account.

anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365 and it made no difference so I am wondering if the path somehow is messed up.  What is frustrating is that even if I create a new document and add a jpg to it, the jpg does not show up after placement…:-(

cyberSAR
          AskWoody Plus

I’m at a loss and as I said over 100s of machines have not run into this issue. I would create a new user account just for testing. Also any strange Office or security settings?

b
          AskWoody MVP

What is frustrating is that even if I create a new document and add a jpg to it, the jpg does not show up after placement…:-(

Make sure that “Show picture placeholders” is not checked at Word, Options, Advanced (nearly half-way down, under Show document content).

Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.1081 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Windows 10 upgrade causes images to not show in Office 365 docs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.