News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 v2004 Update Stalls at 61%, error 0xc19001e1

Posted on litzdog911 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update Windows 10 v2004 Update Stalls at 61%, error 0xc19001e1

Topic Resolution: Not Resolved
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        litzdog911
        AskWoody Plus

Greetings! I have an HP ZBook 15 G5 laptop and finally got the notice that it was ready to update from Windows 10 v1909 to v2004. (It has the Conexant drivers that were holding up that notification.)

But the installation stalls at 61%.  Under Update History it shows “Last Failed Attempt, 0xc19001e1”.  I think this error maybe points to a driver issue? I tried some recommendations from the Microsoft support site here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-fix-feature-update-to-win… , specifically cleaning up the C: drive and starting/stopping the Windows Update Services. None of those suggestions helped.

I do see that there’s a BIOS update for my Zbook, but I’m reluctant to try that without guidance from experts here. The last time I updated the BIOS (to v01.11.02), my HP Thunderbolt 3 dock stopped working and it took several days to figure out how to get it working again.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Here are some things to try before attempting the feature upgrade:
        https://www.minitool.com/news/0xc19001e1.html
        1. Disable Third-Party Antivirus Program
        2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
        3. Run System File Checker: sfc /scannow
        4. Reset Windows Update Components
        5. Free Up Disk Space
        Methods described within the above link.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT- AE
        PKCano
        Manager

First, try updating the Conexant drivers.

Another thing that has been suggested is to uninstall the Conexant drivers, run the upgrade, then reinstall the Conexant drivers. You should backup the drivers first.

And before you try any of the suggestions, make a full disk image and a separate file backup of your data.

Microfix
          AskWoody MVP

Possible causes of W10 error 0xc19001e1 are Antivirus programs, lack of disk space or corrupt system files. I think the conexant driver issue is a red herring here, nevertheless, it’s worth trying.
          I’d check the system integrity first before doing anything in this instance so we can rule out a baseline problem.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT- AE
        CraigS26
        AskWoody Plus

(Make an image if tried) One guy (Rezaul K Oct 23 Post in below Link) Uninstalled the Conexant Driver and had MS Search for an MS driver (per him) — got 2004 Offered by WU 2 Days Later. See Below IF interested in Plan C…..

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-feature-update-to-2004-conexant-driver/f35d6177-c77f-4443-b254-99a85cc2af09

Read ALL of his Oct 23 + follow-up posts as 2004 Reversed his Home Ver Registry Driver Block and Re-Installed Conexant BACK again. He Uninstalled Cnex again and Re-Inst’d the MS driver with No Noticeable Audio Problems/ Re-set the Reg Driver Block and all was well a week later.
        Depends on how adventurous you are But Images B4 = courage!

W10 Pro 20H2 / Hm-Stdnt Ofce '16 C2R / HP Envy Desktop-Ethernet/ 12 GB / 256G SSD + 1 TB HDD / i5-8400 Coffee Lake/ GP=2 + FtrU=Semi-Annual + Feature Defer = 1 + QU=0

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by CraigS26.
        • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by CraigS26.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 v2004 Update Stalls at 61%, error 0xc19001e1

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.