News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 10 Version 2004

Posted on scotsman Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        scotsman
        AskWoody Plus

About a month or so ago I upgraded our Windows 10 laptops from  1909 to the new 2004.  It shows under “Systems > About”  that 2004 was installed on 10/19/20  — Build 19041.572 and Win. Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0.   That is the only evidence that it was installed, as I see no new features, changes, etc.  Can someone tell me if they have experienced this and what is going on?    Thanks.

PKCano
        Manager

Here’s what Microsoft says:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/whats-new-windows-10-version-2004

And additional information from TheWindowsClub:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-v2004-new-features

Google “new features in Win10 v2004” for even more information.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        firstmerk
        AskWoody Plus

If you had [Home]  version, you may not have noticed much.
        For [Pro] the most problematic issue for me was the loss of [Advanced] controls in [Update] being removed and replaced with [Pause Updates], only good for a month.
        You can still tweak that in [gpedit] with Pro, but it’s more complicated by far, at least for me. Thanks to @PKCano there is a specific set of instructions for doing so. Personally I’d rather have the [Advanced] controls back.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 10 Version 2004

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.