News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Windows 11 Focus assist notifications

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Questions: Win10 » Windows 11 Focus assist notifications

Author
    Topic

In my new Win 11 Pro pc, I get notifications of all emails, available updates, etc. There are two email addresses on this pc, if there are 20 emails, then I get 20 notifications. These appear on the icon on the bottom right corner of the desktop.

The focus assist settings are incomprehensible.

How do I stop the notifications of emails. The notifications of available updates or errors or alarms are OK.

It’s sufficient that I get the envelope icon in Outlook.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Author
    Replies

Adding to previous entry: this should be a new topic for Windows 11. I don’t know where to find that page.

Focus assist is for temporary avoidance of notifications (on a schedule or manually as required).

You can stop notifications of new e-mails permanently in Outlook at File, Options, Mail, Message arrival, Display a Desktop Alert:

Turn new message alert pop-up on or off

Or in Windows 10/11 at Settings, System, Notifications & actions, Get notifications from these senders, Outlook, Off.

AskWoody Windows 11 Forums are at Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11

Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.1503 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Ken
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    Reply To: Windows 11 Focus assist notifications

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.