News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22458 released to DEV

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 11 – Pre-release Windows 11 beta builds Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22458 released to DEV

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

See Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22458 | Windows Insider Blog for features, fixes, and known issues.

I ran into an installation problem. I got a TPM 2.0 block message trying to update version 22454 running in Hyper-V.

--Joe

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by joep517.
        PKCano
        Manager

My Insider Win11 on ARM in a Parallels 17 VW on my new M1 MacMini is still viable. But I went with the Beta Channel this time instead of the Dev Channel Win10/11 I had been running since 2014. I was hoping they would leave me alone, since they kicked me off the Win11 Insider on my “unworthy” older Intel MacMini.

But, then, I didn’t get an update this Patch Tues. I’m on Win11 21H2 Build 22000.184 – keeping my fingers crossed!

tnieland
        AskWoody Plus

I also am getting a message that says TPM 2.0 is required for Windows 11 ,  THis is in a Virtual Machine on VMWare.

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

The days of installing Windows 11 on unsupported hardware are over.

Susan Bradley
          Manager

Important change coming in new Windows 11 builds: virtual machine installs are aligning with PC installs, so you will need to migrate to Hyper-V Generation V2 VMs to keep getting updates.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

bbearren
          AskWoody MVP

The days of installing Windows 11 on unsupported hardware are over.

It isn’t October 5, and I still don’t have an RTM Windows 11 ISO to play with and install.

I can wait.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
          "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns
          "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

Well, Microsoft updated the release notes on 9/16 to include the note about the VM needing to be Gen 2.

My VM says it is Gen 2. It won’t install the latest build.

A little later – upon further review, TPM was not enabled in the VM. Enabled it and the update was installed.

--Joe

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22458 released to DEV

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.