News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 2012 Nov 2019 Update

Posted on stevesmith Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 2012 Nov 2019 Update

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

stevesmith
      AskWoody Lounger

Hi,
      new to posting on Woody’s forum so apologies if it is the wrong place .

So I saw the reported issues with Windows 2012 reboot loop.
      So I have just applied the following updates KB4525246, KB4486081 and KB890830
      Everything seems to be working fine so have not experienced the reboot loop
      However , after rebooting and checking A July update has suddenly appeared KB4504418 Stack update.
      I apply all updates on a monthly basis anyone else experienced this and should I update this stack?

Regards
      Steve

• #2007890 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

The Servicing Stack Update (SSU) is safe to install.

SSUs, which are the updates to the Windows Update mechanism itself, have to be installed exclusively (by themsellf) and do not show up in the Important update queue until/unless there are no other pending updates (checked or unchecked) left in the queue. If there are updates you do not wish to install, they must be hidden before the SSU appears.

This may be why you didn’t encounter the July SSU earlier. After you do updates and reboot, you should go back and check for updates to see if there is an SSU pending. It is important that you install the SSUs now since MS has enabled only SHA-2 code signing support.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 2012 Nov 2019 Update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.