News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 7 document "save" function displays only the "root directory,"

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Windows 7 document "save" function displays only the "root directory,"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  GoneToPlaid 1 month ago.

• Author

ET
      AskWoody Lounger

Windows 7  document (Word .docx, Ofc. 2007 ) “save” function in Windows Explorer displays only the “root direcory,” and no longer displays complete / full file (directory), path (name) in Windows Explorer.

This creates tedious difficulty confirming the file is in the proper directory.  I have used the Mcrsft. keyboard shortcuts for saving:  ” alt. ” key / (letter)  ” F ” (for File) – (letter) ” S ” (for Save)  for about the last 20 yrs.

I thoroughly enjoy Woody’s writing style introducing an oasis of relief to an otherwise mentally tortured existence attempting to operate Mcrsft. efficiently.  Unlike the “laws of physics,” cannot build upon my knowledge, there are few changes, and the vocabulary remains reasonably consistent and logical.

ET          13 July 2019

• #1877166 Reply

GoneToPlaid
      AskWoody Plus

Can you post a screen capture? Or, have you tried choosing Save As in order to be able to choose where to save the document?

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 7 document "save" function displays only the "root directory,"

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.