News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows 7 Update failures -new at this

Posted on newdude72 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Windows 7 Update failures -new at this

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Paul T 1 month ago.

• Author

newdude72
      AskWoody Plus

Spending hours of research on this update failure KB4505217 (Security Update for SQL Server 2014). I’ve run every troubleshooter I can find, reset ever folder that I’ve been told to reset and read every log file created. SFC /Scannow reports something it can’t correct and to read the logs. I read the logs and I’m told to look for the word “corrupt” but it’s not in the log file.

My quarterly rollup installed as does Security Essentials definitions.

Any help forward would so be appreciated.

• #1875284 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

SFC /Scannow reports something it can’t correct and to read the logs.

Did you try DISM ?

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/16/use-dism-to-fix-issues-sfc-cant/

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Alex5723.
    • #1875303 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

Do you have the recent SHA2 and Service Stack Update (SSU) patches installed?

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

• #1875372 Reply

newdude72
      AskWoody Plus

Yes, I have the current SHA2 and SSU patches installed. Get this attached error when I run the DISM line for above

Attachments:
      • #1875460 Reply

b
        AskWoody Plus

/RestoreHealth is not available on Windows 7. See #1874188

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

• #1877170 Reply

GoneToPlaid
      AskWoody Plus

Yet I think that it is available offline (booted to a command prompt) and using the Offline option.

• #1877236 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

MS recommend using the “System Readiness Tool” for W7 as DISM isn’t available.
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/947821/fix-windows-update-errors-by-using-the-dism-or-system-update-readiness

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
      b

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows 7 Update failures -new at this

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.