News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows and Firefox

Posted on deanwmn Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Windows and Firefox

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  the_Unforgiven 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

deanwmn
      AskWoody Plus

OK, so what does Windows, suddenly have against my using the Firefox browser? I’ve used it off and on for years on my Win 7 machine. I’ve started having problems, nothing I couldn’t easily overcome, but as of yesterday the ONLY way I can open Firefox is to set the User Control at “no notifications”, which is just too dangerous to use these days.  It will not let Firefox open, the window asking me if I want to allow this program to run keeps popping up, over and over, when I say yes and try to click on the Firefox icon in the tray and it doesn’t allow it to open, just keeps popping up again.  I have an HP Win 7 PC about 3 years old, bought direct from HP.  Any suggestions? I’m back to using Chrome, but it’s not as safe as Firefox and I really don’t trust it as much.

• #2015216 Reply

anonymous

All I can say is I am running Win 7 on an HP PC and have no problems using Firefox.  So it does not seem to be Windows in general,  but something setting or conflict in your specific system.  Sorry I can’t offer any real help.

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, running on an HP machine.

• #2015243 Reply

anonymous

64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium on a 2011 vintage CyberPowerPC mid range gamer; no problems with 64 bit Firefox. Did have problems a long time ago when I found the original installation of FF was being run in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Once that setting was changed I was fine. May your problem be no greater than an obscure setting.

• #2015251 Reply

the_Unforgiven
      AskWoody Lounger

My fireFox is also fine

Back up your fireFox folders:-(these are for W10 x64, but you get the idea)

C:\Program Files

C:\Users\Bear\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

uninstall fireFox, run a reg cleaner, then install fireFox again & replace the above folders so you will have fireFox (the best browser around) back again.

You could even open your virgin fireFox to see if it opens before replacing the above folders

I hope this works for you

have a good 1 🙂 cheers

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows and Firefox

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.