News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows creators update notification

Posted on Zaphyrus Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1607 – Anniversary Update Windows creators update notification

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Zaphyrus 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Zaphyrus
      AskWoody Lounger

Hello, most people remember this notification that popped up when 1703 was released.

My Question is, what caused this Popup to appear? an update like the kb4023057?  or a monthly update?

Just someone who don't want Windows to mess with its computer.
      Attachments:
    • #176584 Reply

abbodi86
      AskWoody_MVP

Probably they included the privacy setting in cumulative update

• #176588 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

Actually I think 4023057 was a new ploy ( just like the X debacle from W7 to W10) to get as many people as possible on 1709 to boost numbers. 4023057 installed 4/5 times since Jan 2018 on my 1703 laptop until they finally got me on 3/8/18.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
      4 Win 10 Pro currently 1809 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

• #176597 Reply

Zaphyrus
      AskWoody Lounger

then it means that we are going to get spammed when SCU comes out then…

• #176614 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

learn to use wushowhide.diagcab to hide KB4023057, folks
      so far, I haven’t gotten any of those kinds of annoying popups on a friend’s custom built Win10 computer – NONE! 🙂

• #176620 Reply

Zaphyrus
        AskWoody Lounger

I use it all the time, However I fear that the upgrade program is planted in the regular monthly updates. that’s why I created this thread.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows creators update notification

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.