News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Windows Defender Strange Message

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 20H2 – October 2020 Update Windows Defender Strange Message

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WSstarvinmarvin
        AskWoody Lounger

A little while ago on my Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.985 a notification message popped in from the right side of the screen telling me that Windows Defender was out of date. Please note that the notification message popped in at 10:48am. When I clicked on the notification message the Windows Security settings window/dialog box opened. In the attached screenshot you can see that Defender had updated itself at 10:37am.

Was Defender really out-of-date after only 11 minutes later? Does that seem strange? I’m curious as to why this occured; can anyone explain, please?

Defender-out-of-date-message-at-10_49am-then-this

b
        AskWoody MVP

The update shown there at 10.37 AM was a week ago.

Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.1052 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

WSstarvinmarvin
          AskWoody Lounger

Ummmm, well spotted! Time flies when one is having fun as well as when one isn’t paying attention to what day it is ….

1 user thanked author for this post.
          b
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Windows Defender Strange Message

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.