News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows Lose Text

Posted on bsfinkel Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        bsfinkel
        AskWoody Lounger

2004 was auto-installed on my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit system July 08.  I have had two occurrences where text in some windows disappears –  September 07 and September 13.  I was playing Solitaire, and I saw that the timings at the bottom of the window were missing.  This morning, when I was shutting down applications in order to reboot, a window appeared from the right-hand margin; that window had no text.  Has anyone else seen this?  I have been running Win 10 in production since June 30, so I cannot say that this is due to 2004 and not my previous 1909.  I installed

KB4566782 2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems

KB4566782 2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems

on September 01, so maybe one of these two is the culprit.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2296288 Reply
        mn–
        AskWoody Lounger

This morning, when I was shutting down applications in order to reboot, a window appeared from the right-hand margin; that window had no text. Has anyone else seen this?

Not very recently… but this has happened to me occasionally since at least 1992. So not by any means specific to Windows 10…

• #2296330 Reply
        bsfinkel
        AskWoody Lounger

I had never seen the problem with my Windows 7 system, which I installed in May 2011.  I have Windows 8.1 installed on a laptop that I “babysit” and maybe use twice a month.  I have not seen this on 8.1, but my usage might not be enough for me to have experienced the problem.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows Lose Text

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.