News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows Update Blocker

Posted on Rick Corbett Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools Windows Update Blocker

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Corbett 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Rick Corbett
      AskWoody_MVP

For those of you who use the Windows Update Blocker to stop and prevent any further Windows Updates to Windows 10, this tool was updated to v1.2 on 21st April.

Hope this helps…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1053151 Reply

WSPoorOldBob
      AskWoody Lounger

I have a file provided by Microsoft which blocks O/S updates selectively. I have one of dozens of Toshiba laptop models (with SSD) which will not upgrade past Win 10 v 1703 (The list is on a Toshiba website somewhere, sorry, i lost track of it). So i run wushowhide.diagcab which allows me to specify (with difficulty,  since it is an interface that is rather hard to make sense of- too bad about the “no swearing” rule here or i could provide further details) that I do not want to update past v 1703. If i allow it to update, i lose about 45 minutes productivity until the computer realises it cannot accept the update and reverts to the previous version. But progs like MS Office continue to update, along with Windows defender and all that kind of stuff.

• #1054520 Reply

Bluetrix
      AskWoody MVP

For those of you who use the Windows Update Blocker to stop and prevent any further Windows Updates to Windows 10, this tool was updated to v1.2 on 21st April.

Hope this helps…

@rick-corbett,
      Thanks for the update on WUB from v1.1
      As I posted Here, there are several programs that do this, WUB included, it’s not an all inclusive list.

WUB is among the easiest to understand and use, imho.

Windows10 Home 1809 | Mint19 on VM

• #1851385 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

New version of WUB v1.3 released 20th June 2019

Windows Update Blocker v1.3

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1914801 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

Heads up, new version of WUB v1.4 released 21st August 2019
      https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-4/

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

• #1941262 Reply

velociraptor
      AskWoody Lounger

Windows Update Blocker v1.5 – released  September 3, 2019

https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-5/

1. [ FIXED ] – There is a Windows Update Status Icon in Windows 10 Taskbar Notification Area
      2. [ ADDED ] – 250 ms wait time added to check tasks properly.If there is a problem Update blocking process will be repeated
      3. [ ADDED ] – Some code improvements

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  velociraptor.
      • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  velociraptor.
    • #1943674 Reply

Rick Corbett
      AskWoody_MVP

@velociraptor – Thank you for keeping us up-to-date with new releases of WUB.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows Update Blocker

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.