News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows Update Error 80072ee2

Posted on Andrew Wright Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Windows Update Error 80072ee2

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Wright 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Andrew Wright
      AskWoody Plus

I am getting the Windows Update error on a Toshiba laptop running 64 bit Windows 7  SP1 Home Premium. I have tried the following and still have the error.

Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter

Deleting the Software Distribution folder

Running the DISM (System Update Readiness tool) – no errors detected.

I would appreciate any further suggestions on what to try next.

Thank-you

• #1908603 Reply

anonymous

? says;

hi, Andrew could you post a brief history of where you are with (recent) updates on the machine, and maybe update errors from the event logs? and possibly C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log (near the bottom of the Windows folder, thanks

• #1913362 Reply

Andrew Wright
        AskWoody Plus

Sorry about the delay. It is my parents PC I am trying to fix. I ahave applied all the July updates except KB4475509 and KB3114879 which are still producing the error 80072EE2 I originally had one more KB4507449 and running the DISM (System Update Readiness tool) enables me to install this. Please find windows update log attached

Attachments:
    • #1908611 Reply

anonymous
      • #1913364 Reply

Andrew Wright
        AskWoody Plus

Method 1. Date and time are correct.

Method 2.The key …AU does not exist.

Method 3. Renamed the Software Distribution folder

I have two updates left from the July updates

KB4475509 and KB3114879 which are still producing the error 80072EE2 I originally had one more KB4507449 and running the DISM (System Update Readiness tool) enabled me to install this

• #1913366 Reply

Andrew Wright
        AskWoody Plus

I have also run the Windows Update Diagnostic for the error. (It was suggested by PKCano in another call.

• #1918525 Reply

Andrew Wright
        AskWoody Plus

I have managed to install the last two updates from the July Updates by running another method of deleting the software distribution directory. It suggested  running the following with administrator rights :-

net stop cryptSvc

net stop wuauserv

net stop msiserver

net stop bits

delete the contents of the c:\windows\softwaredistribution folder or rename it

net start cryptSvc

net start wuauserv

net start msiserver

net start bits

restart the computer and try updating windows again

Thank-you for your suggestions

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows Update Error 80072ee2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.