News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows Update KB4887080 Selected but Other Updates Install Instead

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 8.1 Questions: Win 8.1 (and Win 8) Windows Update KB4887080 Selected but Other Updates Install Instead

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  anonymous 7 months ago.

• Author

anonymous

When I selected Windows Update KB4887080 to install on my Windows 8.1 what actually installed was KB4483450 & KB4483459 
      Does anyone know why? This always happens. I selected an update from the list to install. That update Never shows to have been installed on my PC but others do that weren’t even on the list.

EDITED Please observe the Lounge Rules regarding titles and forum locations

• #326874 Reply

anonymous

Please review the support article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4487080/security-and-quality-rollup-updates-for-net-framework-3-5-to-4-7-2

The main body gives information about the vulnerabilities patched. Scroll down to a section titled Additional information about this update. Here you will find additional links to the component parts of the Rollup. Your Installed Updates list shows the two parts that fit the needs of your system. The third part was not needed, so not installed.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #327334 Reply

anonymous

Thank you, I must always miss that info when reading additional information.

• #327355 Reply

anonymous

Glad I could highlight the information that helped. They don’t make it obvious. You have not been the first to be surprised by the .NET Rollup; how it installs more than one line entry, and with different numbers than listed in Windows Update. I had to learn it too. Have a good day.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows Update KB4887080 Selected but Other Updates Install Instead

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.