News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windows update strange behaviour

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Windows update strange behaviour

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tom341 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

tom341
      AskWoody Lounger

I ran Win update to see what Office 2010 patches were offered at 1st it was getting stuck in the searching for updates screen, then it worked fine 1 hr later , anyhow when it had completed (after a short search) i saw it had unhidden all the language packs as well as these old updates one dated 2015 here is a screen grab of them are there any for a group B or w group iicr Windows 7 user that should be installed ?

• #2015541 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Your screen grab is not attached.
      None of the updates you see are Group B patches. Group B updates are Catalog download only and are not offered through Windows Update.

Did you perhaps click on “Restore hidden updates” instead of “Check for updates”?

• #2015552 Reply

tom341
      AskWoody Lounger

Your screen grab is not attached.
      None of the updates you see are Group B patches. Group B updates are Catalog download only and are not offered through Windows Update.

Did you perhaps click on “Restore hidden updates” instead of “Check for updates”?

No,I only checked for Windows updates like i always do, as i have windows updating switched off sreen grab that was missing

Attachments:
      • #2015559 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

In addition to the updates checked in your screenshot, you need to also check the 2019-09 version of KB4474419 and install it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2015598 Reply

tom341
      AskWoody Lounger

In addition to the updates checked in your screenshot, you need to also check the 2019-09 version of KB4474419 and install it.

RE: https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/only-install-specific-updates-without-issues/

Same machine , I think i will clone my O/S Hdd prior to installing  just incase  i have issues , i have a spare SSD that the image will fit on  but it has Win 7 on it , I upgraded  my O/S SSD to nvme and also in capacity and also changed the boot from MBR to UEFI (which wasn’t straight forwards due to Acronis rescue media not catering for this scenario out of the box so needed to add drivers and the 2 windows compatibility updates for NVME support , and a win PE boot loader iirc , So will win7 format this old  spare ssd with a working win o/s on it 1st

• #2015599 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

Good idea. Always image before a major change.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2015608 Reply

tom341
      AskWoody Lounger

I just hope it will be straight forwards , it should be as there is no changing the Boot files from MBR  as it is already booting using uefi,  shame i didn’t know how to make the installation DVD of win7 install that way,mind you it had no support for usb3 either

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windows update strange behaviour

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.