News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • windows update

Posted on HE48AEEXX77WEN4Edbtm Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        HE48AEEXX77WEN4Edbtm
        AskWoody Plus

I am running Windows 10 version 1903. How can I control the updates? I have paused the updates, but in a couple of days, they will resume.

Is there a way to pick which updates I want to install before the automatic updates are resumed?

Thank you ahead of time for your answers.

• #2013591 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss
      • #2021925 Reply
        DriftyDonN
        AskWoody Plus

I have the same question w/ an added dimension. I upgraded to ver 1903 bld 18362.356 from ver 1809pro via ISO dl’d in sept.- and as described by others, hit the pause 5 times. I ran Balarc advisor on a whim and noticed this:missing updates

Also checked registry and found :1903feature-update
        I changed to decimal and wonder, does that mean 365 days from release of ver 1903 before forced upgrade to ver 1909?

Should I install the Belarc missing updates? Can I even install them w/ pause set til 13 Jan?

I think I do not like ver 1903 and I have another new laptop w/ win10 home ver 1903 installed the same way-ISO from sept

Many thanks! Apology if this doesn’t fit the content. Seemed to…

DriftyDonN

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by DriftyDonN.
        • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by DriftyDonN. Reason: butter fingers w/ tremors
        • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by DriftyDonN.
        Attachments:
        • #2021933 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

Those are the December Cumulative Update and Servicing Stack for v1903 that were released on Dec Patch Tuesday. If you have updates Paused, they will not show up in your Windows Update queue until the Pause period is over..

• #2021950 Reply
          b
          AskWoody Plus

does that mean 365 days from release of ver 1903 before forced upgrade to ver 1909?

No, from release of 1909 (and it would be offered, not forced).

• #2021951 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

I changed to decimal and wonder, does that mean 365 days from release of ver 1903 before forced upgrade to ver 1909?

That means you won’t get Feature (version) updates for 365 days after 1909 release.

Should I install the Belarc missing updates? Can I even install them w/ pause set til 13 Jan?

We’re still on DEFCON-2. The Dec updates haven’t been approved yet. BUt if you want to install them anyway, there should be a “end Pause” selection. Remember, if you do, you will initiate install, so don’t do it till you are ready. You should do it after the DEFCON number goes to 3 or greater.

My system has been a bit weird but I thought it’s a feature not a bug! Sorry. Perhaps I should reinstall the 1809 image!!!!

If you do that, all you are doing is putting off coming back to the same place at a later time. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• #2021949 Reply
        DriftyDonN
        AskWoody Plus

attn PKCano

I am at a total loss how that first part of my post(Belarc) was sent out at 11:03. I was in the middle of the rest of my post and saw I was not on the same post so I immediately hit edit to stop it from going too soon. I’m not so sure now that it was my hammer thumbs or ver 1903!! My system has been a bit weird but I thought it’s a feature not a bug! Sorry. Perhaps I should reinstall the 1809 image!!!!

D

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: windows update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel