News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Windows11 – Drag & Drop to the Taskbar Fix

Home » Forums » Tools » Windows11 – Drag & Drop to the Taskbar Fix

Author
    Topic

To temporarily fix “Drag & Drop to the Taskbar” support for now in Windows 11, read up on and try this 3rd party portable program.

Drag & Drop to the Taskbar Fix

This program fixes the missing “Drag & Drop to the Taskbar” support in Windows 11. In the best case, such a simple and basic functionality will return to Windows 11 in October 2022 (or never). For now, we have to use workarounds in the OS that was supposed to “empower our productivity”.

| Quality over Quantity |
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Gawd the number of third party (and no disrespect to the coder) potentially introducing third party vulnerabilities in this 11 platform gives me the shivers.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.

Not only the third-party tweakers.
      Think of all the Registry and Group Policy changes, scripts run, etc, etc, to make up for MS not listening to customers.
      Pretty soon, you don’t know what you’ve got anymore, and the only out to fix something is reinstall over the top.

3 users thanked author for this post.

A bastardised system with 3rd party tweaks/utilities everywhere not knowing which causes the problem when patches are issued…sounds like 2015 to date all over again. Nevermind, it’s yet another hybrid era of pluging holes where useful functions and apps have been dropped in favor of useless vanity PR and waffle.

| Quality over Quantity |
      3 users thanked author for this post.

I am that kind of person, who wont use the system if it does not meet my requirements.

Everybody knows how Windows 11 looks like, we have been “PRed” enough.
        I cant really understand, why they install Windows 11 then? Especially when large group of people evaded system requirements. Then they install tweaks/utilities that fiddle with the system. Good luck for them.

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 20H2 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

PRUSA i3 MK3S+

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: Windows11 – Drag & Drop to the Taskbar Fix

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.