Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Windowssecrets down?

Home Forums Admin IT Lounge Windowssecrets down?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Charlie 7 hours, 11 minutes ago.

• Author

anonymous

Have not been able to get to windowssecrets.com for several days, appears to be down. It has been throwing a “Error 503 Backend fetch failed” error. isitdownrightnow.com says it has been down for more than a week.

Does anyone know what’s up?

Thanks!

• #167176 Reply

PKCano
      AskWoody MVP

We have heard this is true, but so far don’t know the reason.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #167194 Reply

satrow
        AskWoody MVP

It’s been down for some 30+ hours now, over the previous two weeks or so I had seen daily outages that might have lasted 10 to 30 minutes or so.

The owners were contacted yesterday, their technicians have been alerted, all we can do now is wait.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #167677 Reply

ScotchJohn
          AskWoody Lounger

It’s still down.  Have Penton shoved their unloved child over a cliff?

• #167729 Reply

satrow
            AskWoody MVP

From my limited 3rd-hand info, the trigger was likely a hardware error.

Penton haven’t owned it for some time, Informa are the current owners.

• #168694 Reply

Charlie
      AskWoody Lounger

It’s still down. Have Penton shoved their unloved child over a cliff?

Makes you wonder doesn’t it.  I can’t imagine why Penton/Informa would consider the very popular, informative, successful WSL site an unloved child.  Even more so, I can’t imagine why they are keeping the site administrators and moderators in the dark!

• #168956 Reply

Charlie
      AskWoody Lounger

My post above refers to the Windows Secrets Forum (commonly called the Lounge), not the Windows Secrets Newsletter.  This is for those who keep getting the two confused.   🙂

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Windowssecrets down?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.