News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • wintips.org, ERROR: Are you sure you wanted to do that?

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge wintips.org, ERROR: Are you sure you wanted to do that?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  satrow 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

FYI the linked page has wintips.org jscript active and my post came back with Capture-2
      as did another post that was redone and acepted.

https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/runaway-kernel-nt-and-odd-hdd-events/

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      Attachments:
    • #1986003 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

FYI the linked page has wintips.org jscript active

What linked page? A bit more detail please.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1986369 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

I don’t have any jscripts allowed except askwoody.com and all seems to be fine here – has been for ages.

cheers, Paul

• #1986405 Reply

satrow
        AskWoody MVP

I don’t have any jscripts allowed except askwoody.com and all seems to be fine here – has been for ages

Good for you but that’s really not the point 😉 Not everyone blocks scripts.

It’s more about allowed content (3rd party script with the related image no longer visible), and what happens after deletion/editing of that content (compare with this topic, where the link is active and visible). So maybe it’s a site/bbPress security issue.

more-wintips

Attachments:
        • #1986571 Reply

Paul T
          AskWoody MVP

I was suggesting that the issue may not be with the AskWoody script, but without more detail it’s hard to know.

cheers, Paul

• #1986787 Reply

anonymous

The good news is that these new sites only appear on these two posts and not others AskWoody. Other external sites should not be trying to load (inject?) and execute scripts unless requested, how are these scripts getting on AskWoody?

• #1986948 Reply

satrow
            AskWoody MVP

It’s showing in this topic because of the URL I added above, that URL was I believe part of an earlier Edit or the original post in the other topic.

• #1986417 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

I can vouch for the same @satrow is seeing. I’m using NoScript.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-21-at-9.26.32-AM

Attachments:
    • #1986490 Reply

anonymous

I have seen odd connections with askwoody.com too. I want to thank Satrow and PKCano for supporting and confirming user Wavy.

Edit for content. Please follow the –Lounge Rules

• #1986592 Reply

Sueska
      AskWoody Plus

An interesting and somewhat amusing article regarding this word press error by John Hughes in his Elegant Themes Blog  https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/how-to-fix-the-are-you-sure-you-want-to-do-this-error-in-wordpress

His alignment of the planets reason is a hoot.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: wintips.org, ERROR: Are you sure you wanted to do that?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel