News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Word for Mac 10.41: Attaching template with VBA

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function MS Word and word processing help Word for Mac 10.41: Attaching template with VBA

• This topic is empty.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

I have a macro that I give out to my customers that calls for the template that the macro is contained in.  My loading instructions have them set the File Location setting for Workgroup templates to the folder they have the template in, as well set that location as a trusted location.  This works fine for PCs.  With the newest updates to Word for Mac (10.41), the code I use to attach the template doesn’t work and it can’t find the template.  I’ve tried to deal with this by either putting it in the Mac template folder, attaching the template directly to the file itself, and hardcoding the pathway in the macro when it calls for the template.  None of it works for that version of Word.  Here is the code I’m using:

ActiveDocument.Content.Select
        Selection.Range.Copy
        ActiveWindow.Close savechanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
        Documents.Add Template:=”_setMacRSC16.dotm”
        Selection.Range.Paste

I’m wondering if this is a coding problem or if it is a cloud problem since this version of Word is cloud-based.  Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Word for Mac 10.41: Attaching template with VBA

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.