News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Wordfence

Posted on Kathy Stevens Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Getting started Wordfence

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        Kathy Stevens
        AskWoody Plus

Just received multiple messages reading, “Your access to this site has been limited by the site owner”

Looks like Woody has been working  hard with Wordfence overnight.

He has blocked a large number of our VPN’s servers that I have been using to connect to the site.

Moving forward it looks as if I will have extremely limited access to Woody’s site.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2288150 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

You are being blocked because your IP addresses issued by the VPN are dirty (have been used for spamming, etc). Please read through this thread for an explanation.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2288151 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Looks like Woody has been working hard with Wordfence overnight.

nope, I’m sure Woody sleeps at night 🙂
        Please refrain from using block capitals in thread titles as per general rules

and absolutely not ALL CAPS

Win8.1 Pro x64 + Linux Hybrids x86/x64 + Win7 Pro x86/64 O/L
      • #2288158 Reply
        woody
        Da Boss

I do work day and night, but nevermind.

My guess is that your VPN got hit by a bunch of creeps overnight.

• #2288164 Reply
        F A Kramer
        AskWoody Plus

I am pleased that AskWoody is diligent in keeping the site as secure as it is useful even though this entails some inconvenience for me. It is my experience that an increasing number of websites have begun to block access when a VPN is involved. This includes some financial ones that I would most want to access with a VPN from a “public wifi” location. My guess is that in another year a VPN is going to be nearly useless for any serious work for me but still useful for some internet shopping.

• #2288202 Reply
        Kathy Stevens
        AskWoody Plus

I use NordVPN and had to try six different servers to gain access to the Woody site just now because of Wordfence.

Did not have a similar problems with my bank, credit card companies, Newegg, Amazon, etc.

As a result, I will probably be visiting the Woody site less often.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Wordfence

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.