News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • wytek modem

Posted on WSsal21 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        WSsal21
        AskWoody Lounger

need a driver for this modem 56k usb external for win 2k prof

• #838547 Reply
        WSbigaldoc
        AskWoody Lounger
        • #838602 Reply
          WSsal21
          AskWoody Lounger

ok. i have up date the driver but the velocity of mine conn is 26.4 (on guaranted speed 56k from ISP).
          My dubt is because i have also a ADSL connection on this line? But i have insert a ADSL filtre on every connector on all jack phone( Boh!)

• #838636 Reply
            WSbigaldoc
            AskWoody Lounger

[indent]

…guaranted speed 56k from ISP…

[/indent] Lots of luck! Never happen, i.e. 56K

• #838637 Reply
            WSbigaldoc
            AskWoody Lounger

[indent]

…guaranted speed 56k from ISP…

[/indent] Lots of luck! Never happen, i.e. 56K

• #838731 Reply
            WSStuartR
            AskWoody Lounger

I wonder if the ADSL filter on the line reduces the quality of the voice circuit enough to make a noticable difference to modem speeds. I’ve never checked this but it wouldn’t surprise me.

StuartR

• #838814 Reply
              WSviking33
              AskWoody Lounger

Stuart,
              Good question. Never really checked it either but I wouldn’t think so since dial up modems operate more in the “voice frequency” rather than the higher DSL range. It probably depends more on how sharp ( narrow band ) the filters are that are being used. Never looked at the specs on them.

• #838815 Reply
              WSviking33
              AskWoody Lounger

Stuart,
              Good question. Never really checked it either but I wouldn’t think so since dial up modems operate more in the “voice frequency” rather than the higher DSL range. It probably depends more on how sharp ( narrow band ) the filters are that are being used. Never looked at the specs on them.

• #838732 Reply
            WSStuartR
            AskWoody Lounger

I wonder if the ADSL filter on the line reduces the quality of the voice circuit enough to make a noticable difference to modem speeds. I’ve never checked this but it wouldn’t surprise me.

StuartR

• #838923 Reply
            WSjscher2000
            AskWoody Lounger

In the U.S., a guaranteed 56K line is called a “frame relay” service and is connected through a router, not a modem. As far as I know, it is not possible for a DSL service and a frame relay service to share the same line, you would have two separate lines assigned by the phone company.

If you have a dial-up account using a 56K modem on the ISP end, it is very rare that you will get a connection speed of 56K. The best I’ve seen is 48K, and 33K or even 26K is common. (I only use the dial-up service when traveling, so the quality of the phone lines is very variable.)

• #838924 Reply
            WSjscher2000
            AskWoody Lounger

In the U.S., a guaranteed 56K line is called a “frame relay” service and is connected through a router, not a modem. As far as I know, it is not possible for a DSL service and a frame relay service to share the same line, you would have two separate lines assigned by the phone company.

If you have a dial-up account using a 56K modem on the ISP end, it is very rare that you will get a connection speed of 56K. The best I’ve seen is 48K, and 33K or even 26K is common. (I only use the dial-up service when traveling, so the quality of the phone lines is very variable.)

• #838603 Reply
          WSsal21
          AskWoody Lounger

ok. i have up date the driver but the velocity of mine conn is 26.4 (on guaranted speed 56k from ISP).
          My dubt is because i have also a ADSL connection on this line? But i have insert a ADSL filtre on every connector on all jack phone( Boh!)

• #838548 Reply
        WSbigaldoc
        AskWoody Lounger
      • #838709 Reply
        WSviking33
        AskWoody Lounger

Another site you may want to check is also in Italian but it looks like there is a lot of info there.

Wytek Modem

• #838710 Reply
        WSviking33
        AskWoody Lounger

Another site you may want to check is also in Italian but it looks like there is a lot of info there.

Wytek Modem

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: wytek modem

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.