News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Yes, the AskWoody SSL certificate expired. Again.

Home Forums AskWoody blog Yes, the AskWoody SSL certificate expired. Again.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  HiFlyer 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

The site’s fine, the warnings from Chrome and Firefox are correct — I let the SSL certificate expire. Again. You might imagine that I’m not happy abo
      [See the full post at: Yes, the AskWoody SSL certificate expired. Again.]

8 users thanked author for this post.
    • #245324 Reply

anonymous

Did you know that Apache >=2.4.30 has now bundled ACME support with basically zero configuration required?
      https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/en/mod/mod_md.html

• #245347 Reply

Morty
      AskWoody Plus

I’m way ahead of you. I lost my hair long ago. Last week my wife told me I need a hair cut. I said, “Which hair?”

I don’t know diddly about SSL certificates, but can’t you have some kind of auto-renewal setup, like with a domain registration?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #245354 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

Site Certification now seems to be fixed! 8)

SiteCertFF-1

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

Attachments:
      5 users thanked author for this post.
      • #245366 Reply

geekdom
        AskWoody Plus

Aaaah, that’s how I got in just now without the dog-and-pony dance.

Group G{ot backup} TestBeta
        Win7Pro · x64 · SP1 · i3-3220 · RAM 8GB · Firefox: uBlock Origin - NoScript · HDD · Canon Printer · Microsoft Security Essentials · Windows: Backup - System Image - Rescue Disk - Firewall
        2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #245373 Reply

Morty
        AskWoody Plus

OK. Everybody in the pool……

• #245846 Reply

anonymous

This morning  (in Europe) I was scared of not accessing your site.
      Luckily I like to read your news and everything is back to normal.
      I add that I’m in 1809 and yesterday’s update went well.

• #246307 Reply

jstech
      AskWoody Lounger

Gotta love certificates…

Group A | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit
    • #255605 Reply

anonymous

Love AskWoodys. Great place with nice people.

But … hasm’t one heard of : “scheduling agent” “outlook calendar” “To Do List”…

Set to alarm or notify a week before due.

Just sayin’……

• #256346 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

It was on Automatic Renewal (we thought). But the transition has been derailing more than just Certificate renewal. It will line out eventually and be back to “normal” (if there is such a thing).

5 users thanked author for this post.
    • #257548 Reply

anonymous

I have been having issues connecting to your site for days now. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work. May be the expired SSL certificates were the cause of not connecting. Will see if have any more problems.

• #257906 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

The Certificate expired this morning. That could not have been you r problem before today. And it has since been fixed.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #264894 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

“Pangloss sometimes said to Candide:

“There is a concatenation of events in this best of all possible worlds: for if you had not been kicked out of a magnificent castle for love of Miss Cunegonde: if you had not been put into the Inquisition: if you had not walked over America: if you had not stabbed the Baron: if you had not lost all your sheep [loaded with jewels, a gift from a king] from the fine country of El Dorado: you would not be here eating preserved citrons and pistachio-nuts.”

“All that is very well,” answered Candide, “but let us cultivate our garden.”

Yes, indeed, let’s do that. (The garden was a veggie garden that, in their dismal destitution, was the only reliable source of food for Candide and his friends at the very, and very metaphorical, end of the story.)

So here is to all of you now trying so hard, for the final success with this changeover.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W(?) + Mac&Lx

• #264903 Reply

woody1
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks!

The struggle continues….

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #264921 Reply

anonymous

I have been having issues connecting to your site for days now. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work. May be the expired SSL certificates were the cause of not connecting. Will see if have any more problems.

Your luck that is days for you. I have been having issues connecting to this site four weeks now. I tried Windows 10, Windows 7 iphone, Ipad, and Android tablet. None worked. I finally got my Windows Xp out of storage and finally was able to connect to this site. The others still are not connecting. No other changes made except XP has not been online for 6 months or so. Xp is still the best.

• #292433 Reply

anonymous

The Certificate expired this morning. That could not have been you r problem before today. And it has since been fixed.

It is working so far have not had any issues so far. Not sure what else could have caused it.

• #292435 Reply

anonymous

Your luck that is days for you. I have been having issues connecting to this site four weeks now. I tried Windows 10, Windows 7 iphone, Ipad, and Android tablet. None worked. I finally got my Windows Xp out of storage and finally was able to connect to this site. The others still are not connecting. No other changes made except XP has not been online for 6 months or so. Xp is still the best.

I had problems for only a few days. But it seems to be working so far after SSL certificate was renewed. PKCano said that was not the problem but not sure what else could have been. I have not change anything on my system. No change to updates and no new programs installed.
      I might have to take my XP out as well if the connection issues come back.

• #292451 Reply

TJ
      AskWoody Plus

….
      “All that is very well,” answered Candide, “but let us cultivate our garden.”
      …..

Chance would add “In a garden, things grow . . . but first, they must wither; trees have to lose their leaves in order to put forth new leaves, and to grow thicker and stronger and taller. Some trees die, but fresh saplings replace them.” (From ‘Being There’, Jerzy Kosiński)

• #306115 Reply

HiFlyer
      AskWoody Plus

“I like to watch”  Chance  🙂

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Yes, the AskWoody SSL certificate expired. Again.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel