News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • ZoneAlarm Mobile Security for iOS

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS ZoneAlarm Mobile Security for iOS

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Myst 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

When I used a Windows PC, I found ZoneAlarm’s free firewall to be a solid addition to Windows Firewall.

I’ve noticed they now offer Mobile Security for iOS and Android, including “Wi-Fi Security”.

https://www.zonealarm.com/mobile-security

Does anyone know if this includes VPN, or if it only tells what Wi-Fi networks it recommends joining (and what is the annual cost to it)?

I’m looking for some VPN recommendations for a friend. I’m having him try WiTopia (since I’ve always had great experience with them) and the freebie from Ookla. Since I’ve also had solid experience with ZoneAlarm products in the past, I’d recommend it to him as well if it offers VPN.

Nathan Parker

• #2088223 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

I’m looking for some VPN recommendations for a friend.

ProtonVPN is a Swiss (not part of 14 Eyes, international surveillance/data harvesting group) company that just announced going open source.

All ProtonVPN apps are now open source and audited

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2088226 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

Nathan, try this site, especially good for the privacy conscious and well worth a bookmark as IT is constantly on the merry-go-round. Lots of other good pointers/ articles in there too 😉

Win7 Pro x64 | Win8.1 Pro x64 | Linux Hybrids x86/x64 | Win7 Pro x86 | W10 never again
      2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2088331 Reply

Myst
        AskWoody Plus

try this site, especially good for the privacy conscious and well worth a bookmark

Nord VPN has top ratings/reviews as noted in 2019 and now 2020. I’ve been thinking about using it for the Mac.

Win7 SP1 Home 64-bit, GrpA / MacOS / Chromebook

• #2088345 Reply

Myst
          AskWoody Plus

Nord VPN has top ratings/reviews

Actually ExpressVPN sounds really nice. Had read about it last year and a couple things didn’t impress me like the price for one. Looking at it closer now and the price is fine plus it’s rated No. 1 on the list for 2020. It will work on all Mac systems according their site. Nord will have to take a back seat or get tossed out of the loop after running a comparison with ExpressVPN.

Win7 SP1 Home 64-bit, GrpA / MacOS / Chromebook

• #2088228 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Nathan,
      With VPN services you have to check company’s country of jurisdiction. If it is one of the 14 Eyes countries, the VPN has a backdoor accessible by any country in the group..

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2088321 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Great insights. Thanks everyone!

Nathan Parker

• #2088323 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Just to let the community, the ZoneAlarm Mobile Security is not a full-fledged VPN (only a web filter), plus it’s $24.99/year. For a real VPN, one will need to look at one of the other recommendations on this discussion.

Nathan Parker

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: ZoneAlarm Mobile Security for iOS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.